Safeguarding Adults and Children is everyone’s business and responsibility.

Health services along with many other public services have a duty to act upon concerns and seek support. Those concerns don’t need to be evidenced to have a discussion with an experienced safeguarding colleague and could prevent further harm occurring. This includes concerns about extremism and referrals to PREVENT.
To discuss a concern with a Humber Safeguarding Practitioner for either adults or children please contact the central administration team at , they will ensure your query is dealt with.
The Humber Safeguarding Team operates Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm.
If your concern is urgent or you wish to make a formal referral to the Local Authority you should follow the appropriate Humber safeguarding procedure and contact either:

East Riding Local Authority – Children 01482 395500 and Adult 01482 396940
Hull Local Authority – Children 01482 448879 and Adult 01482 616092
North Yorkshire Local Authority - Children & Adults 01609 534527
If you believe a person is in danger, call the police on 999.
The adult safeguarding team can also provide advice on Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty issues.
Our Team consists of Rachael Sharp Named Professional for Safeguarding (Adults) MCA and Prevent Lead,
Kerry Boughen Named Nurse for Children,
Safeguarding Practitioners: Martin Inglis, Debbie Johnson, Helen Young and Sally Bainbridge.
Safeguarding Adults Trainer is Vince Knight who provides a range of training to Trust employees and volunteers.
Our Senior team who provide supervision, policy reviews, support to external case reviews and other key assurance roles for the Trust are:

  • Rachael Sharp Named Professional for Safeguarding (Adults) MCA and Prevent Lead
  • Kerry Boughen Named Nurse for Children
  • Hilary Gledhill Deputy Director of Nursing, Allied Health and Social Care Professionals

Senior Admin Safeguarding:

  • Jan Tweendale
  • Nicola Leathley
  • Laura Keegan

Voluntary Community Sector Adult and Children Safeguarding Support in the East Riding of Yorkshire

  • Do you support or work in the voluntary community sector across the East Riding?
  • Are you aware of how to gain appropriate and reliable information relating to safeguarding for people who may utilise your activities or services?
  • Do you help inform those representing your organisation in the meaning of safeguarding and how they can access the help and support available?
  • Do you ensure all those involved within your organisation are trained and understand safeguarding?
  • If so we can help support your work

Our Trust provides free help and support to the voluntary community sector regarding the safeguarding of children and adults. We will support you and the organisation you represent to safeguard the people that access your service.

We want to hear from you

To access any element of the service, record your interest in a particular part of the service or if you to just wish to enquire about further information.

Contact Details


More information regarding the East Riding Safeguarding Boards can be found at the following websites:
Safeguarding Adults Board
Safeguarding Children Board