Patient and Carer Experience
Our patients, service users, carers and communities are at the centre of everything we do. There is no better or more important way of improving our services than by listening to what individuals think, feel and experience throughout their care journey and beyond.
We aim to involve patients, carers and the public in everything from what services we provide to how they are delivered and how we can improve them in the future. We provide opportunities for patients, carers and families to share their experiences and tell their stories.
You can get involved by:
Attending a Patient and Carer Experience forum
Our Patient and Carer Experience forums in Hull and East Riding, Whitby & District and Scarborough & Ryedale give patients, service users, carers, staff, statutory and voluntary organisations the opportunity to have a voice and to raise awareness of patient and carer experience. Our next forum dates are:
Hull & East Riding: Tuesday 18th May 2021, 2:00pm to 3:30pm
Whitby & District: Wednesday 26th May 2021, 10:30am to 12:00pm
Scarborough & Ryedale: Wednesday 26th May 2021, 2:30pm to 4:00pm
- Patch-wide Patient and Carer Experience Forum (These forums bring together all three of the Patient and Carer Experience Forums from the Trust geographical area): Tuesday 16th March 2021, 2:00pm to 3:30pm
- Veterans forum to provide a meeting place for; Veterans and serving members with lived experience, Veterans friends and family members and staff with either an interest in supporting Veterans or who have/have had serving family members
- Tuesday 18th May 2021, 11:00 to 12:00
- Humber Co-production Network to raise awareness of patient and carer experience through patient, carer, staff, statutory and voluntary organisation participation by ensuring all have a voice. The dates of our Humber Co-production network meetings for 2021 are:
- Thursday 4 March 2021, 10:30 to 11:30 (virtual)
- Thursday 23 September 2021, 10 to 12 (virtual/venue to be confirmed closer to the time)
If you would like to participate in any of the above forums or know of a patient, carer or organisation that might be interested, or if you would like to join our network please contact the Patient Experience team at email@example.com or telephone 01482 389167.
Please note that due to the current climate and Covid-19 our forums are currently being held virtually. Contact our Patient Experience Team to access the virtual meeting joining details.
Join a Network
If you are a member of staff, patient, service user, carer or organisation and you want to share your experience of a particular service area you can join our Patient and Carer Experience network. We regularly contact our network with opportunities to participate in events or workshops aligned to their area of interest.
Patient and Carer Experience films about COVID-19
Over the last few weeks, our Patient and Carer Experience (PACE) team have worked with a few teams across the Trust, to produce three short films about the impact of COVID-19 on their services.
NHS England and Improvement invited our PACE team to participate in their national storytelling initiative, to share stories of our Trust’s journey since the pandemic started earlier this year. We thought it was important to show the stories of individuals and our teams, which is why we worked with three teams from around the Trust: Voluntary Services, SMASH and Chaplaincy.
The films speak for themselves in the way that they show the positive experiences the current climate has brought as well as the challenges. We focus on the way we have united and been brought together as a collective, and the way in which we continue to lift one another up during difficult times.
You can view the videos here:
Share Your Story
Patient stories help us bring experiences to life and are an invaluable way of helping us to understand how the services we deliver impact you. By sharing your story you can help us understand what matters to our patients and services users and help those that deliver or plan your care see first-hand the impact of their actions and decision.
Tel: 01482 389167
Pace Culture Video