If you are experiencing something that makes you feel unsafe, distressed, or worried about your mental health, you can now contact your local crisis service in Hull and East Yorkshire by calling NHS 111 and selecting the mental health option.


What happens when I call? 

The phone will be answered by a trained mental health professional who will be able to listen to your concerns and help you get the support you need. With your permission, they can also access your electronic patient records to better meet your needs and to avoid you repeatedly having to tell us your situation. They can offer advice over the phone, put you in contact with crisis services or refer you to the correct services.

Who can call?

You can call for yourself, or someone else. NHS 111 is for all ages, including children and young people and those with neurodevelopmental needs.

If you’re deaf or have hearing loss, please use the following link to be connected to local crisis service – NHS 111 – SignVideo.

If you aren't able to make the call yourself, then anyone can call on your behalf - for example a friend, carer, loved one or even your GP. You can also access NHS 111 online via 111.nhs.uk.

The service is available to anyone in England and facing a mental health crisis, which could include:


By calling NHS 111, and selecting the mental health option, we can help to get you the urgent support you need for your mental health.

Locally, The Mental Health Advice and Support Line is available 24 hours a day for anyone in in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area who requires information, advice and support with their mental health.

Freephone: 0800 138 0990

You can also contact this line if you are worried about family or friends who may be struggling with their mental health.

In emergency situations where there is an immediate risk to life, you should continue to contact 999 or go to A&E.

If you are already under the care of our mental health services, please contact your key worker/team as soon as possible; your care plan should have details of who to contact in an emergency.

If you are not under the care of our services but need to speak to someone about your mental health, you can contact your GP or refer yourself to mental health services using the following contact details:

Select who you are or who you are looking for help for:

Adult and Older People Mental Health Advice and Support

Children and Young People Mental Health Advice and Support


General health advice

Accident and Emergency (A&E)
A&E departments are for people with severe injuries or life threatening conditions such as:

999 should only be called in an emergency.

If you have less severe injuries, or need urgent medical advice, you can access any of the below services:

Out of Hours Service

NHS 111
You can now call 111 when you need medical help fast, but it's not a 999 emergency. You will be assessed, given advice and directed straightaway to the local service that can help you best. Available 24 hours, seven days a week. 

For help and advice on a wide range of health issues please visit NHS Choices.