- We are proud to be a Veteran Aware Trust and we provide Op COURAGE Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service Humber and North Yorkshire
This means we have received accreditation, from the Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance (VCHA), to acknowledge our commitment to a number of principles:
- To be an employer who supports the Armed Forces Community by offering programmes such as ‘Step into Health’ to develop careers in the NHS.
- To continue to promote the flexible working opportunities and roles available in the Trust to meet the needs of the individual and the Trust through existing Trust opportunities including the Veterans forum, Armed Forces Community Navigator, Reservists and ‘Step into Health’.
- To ensure staff undertake training to raise awareness of the specific needs of the Armed Forces Community and requirements of the Armed Forces Covenant.
- To continue to identify the Armed Forces Community at first point of contact and staff are able to signpost individuals to relevant services.For more information download this information leaflet or poster.
Please tell us if you or your spouse/partner, have ever served in the UK armed forces so we can best support your care needs
Being flagged as a veteran in your NHS medical notes will help ensure you are able to access specific veterans’ health services. Subject to a clinical need, all veterans are entitled to priority access to NHS care (including hospital, primary or community care) for conditions associated with their time in the armed forces (service-related).