Sensory Processing Service
The Sensory Processing Service is a specialist service providing support to children who have sensory processing difficulties. This service is for children with a Hull GP.
The Sensory Processing Service is hosted by a small team of sensory trained therapist. The therapists provide advice and formal sensory processing assessments (criteria requirement for formal assessment).The service also hosts a website and provides training about sensory processing difficulties.
The sensory Processing Service has been developed to enable everyone access to information about sensory processing. The Humber Sensory Processing Hub is a website available to all and can be accessed here: https://sensoryprocessinghub.humber.nhs.uk/
In order to access a triage telephone consultation and/or a full sensory assessment with a qualified therapist, a referral is required. The referral criteria are:
- Have accessed Humber Sensory Processing Hub
- Aged between 0 and 18 years.
- Hull General Practitioner.
- Parent/carer consented to referral.
- Sensory processing difficulties having a significant impact on mental health and/or physical wellbeing in more than one environment.
- Sensory processing difficulties that are severe and longstanding and are having a direct impact on their daily functioning.
How to access this service
Referrals to the service can be completed by health and social care professionals and SENCo’s. The referral form available is available to download at the bottom of this page, or on request from below email address.
For more information, please visit the Sensory Processing Service website.
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm