Humber Family Connections
Family ConnectionsTM (FC) is a free, 12-session course focusing on education, skills training and support for people who are supporting a person with difficulties associated with emotion dysregulation or what may be labelled Borderline or Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder.
FC in Humber is co-ordinated by the Complex Emotional Needs Service, and provides online and in-person groups on various days/at various times, underpinned by principles of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT). The programme is co-led by clinicians and people with lived experience of supporting others in non-professional relationships with the difficulties posed by emotion dysregulation. All facilitators have been trained by the National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder (NEA-BPD) in the United States, who developed the FC programme.
How to access this service
You can self-refer to Humber FC if:
- You are over 18 years old
- You are supporting someone in your life with emotion dysregulation (which may or may not have been labelled as Borderline or Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder)
- You live within the Hull or East Riding of Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) area
Examples of who this course would be appropriate for are:
- Any other family relationship
- Supported living/residential support workers
You can self-refer by completing the online form, and someone will contact you.
Tel: 01482 689156/7/8