You're invited to the Health Expo 2019!
Published: 22 August 2019
We are fast approaching the launch of this year’s Health Expo and everyone is welcome!
This fantastic event will showcase just some of the innovations and amazing healthcare teams we have here in our region, and how we’re working to make you healthier and happier!
As this event coincides with World Mental Health Day, we will have plenty of teams attending who can provide advice on mental health issues, guide people toward sources of support, or simply have a chat if you need to.
BBC’s David Burns will be joining us in the morning to chat to staff and visitors, as he broadcasts live from the event.
Admission is free, and there will be lots to see and do.
Here is just a flavour of what you can expect to see and experience this year:
- Extensive careers fair supported by the University of Hull
- ‘Meet and greet’ with Lewis the therapy dog from Nice2BNice
- Opportunities to get ‘hands on’ and practice your surgical skills with our clinical skills team
- Take part in short mental health awareness training sessions
- NHS Health Trainers – advice on healthy eating, physical activity, stopping smoking and more
- Test out our virtual reality headsets
- ‘Tea and talk’ area for those seeking mental health support
- Chat to local parkrun representatives about exercise for all the family
- Tips on preparing for the big day from our specialist midwives
- Jump on the smoothie bike and pedal your way to a healthy, refreshing drink
Come and help us celebrate all that is great about our local NHS at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hull, 24 Ferensway, Hull HU2 8NH on Thursday 10 October 2019. The event will run from 10.00 – 16.00 - we hope to see you there!