Join the thousands pledging to quit this No Smoking Day
Published: 09 March 2022 to 31 December 2098
Our Your Health service are supporting this year’s No Smoking Day and want local residents to know that there is support available to them.
Every time you try to stop smoking, you’re a step closer to success!
Smoking is the single greatest preventable cause of death in the world today. No matter how long you’ve smoked for or how many you smoke a day, your health will improve as soon as you quit.
You might notice the benefits of quitting sooner than you think.
Did you know?
- your heart rate and blood pressure will begin to return to normal after 20 minutes
- your sense of smell and taste will begin to improve after 2-3 days
- your breathing will begin to improve, and exercise may be easier after 2-12 weeks
- your risk of a heart attack is half that of a smoker after 1 year.
And quitting smoking has other benefits like:
- you will have fresher breath and whiter teeth
- your skin might look younger and age less quickly
- you might have more energy, feel less tired and get less headaches
- your immune system will find it easier to fight off colds and flu
- your sex drive may increase, and it can improve your fertility
- you will protect the health of your children, family and friends.
- Be financially better off
Everyone should have an opportunity to improve their health and wellbeing.
Our Your Health Prevention and Lifestyle Services team are reaching out to all adults that are looking for that kickstart and support.
The team are based within your local community and are ready and willing to help you spring into a healthier lifestyle.
Offering bespoke one-to-one motivation and advice-based sessions, the team is on hand to help you feel empowered to improve your lifestyle.
Find out more and sign up for support to quit, here: