A new multi-million pound mental health inpatient unit for young people from Hull, the East Riding and North and North-East Lincolnshire
The unit was named 'Inspire' following a public competition run by Trust charity, Health Stars and chosen by a panel of young people.
The service has 13 beds in total. Nine beds are for general adolescent admissions and four are PICU (Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit) beds. The inpatient unit is equipped and staffed to treat young people struggling with a wide range of mental health issues such as depression, severe anxiety, psychosis and eating disorders.
The service aims to provide an evidence based and effective service for young people with severe and complex mental health difficulties.
The service will provide timely and appropriate assessment and intervention which will facilitate that young person’s progress on their recovery journey to affect discharge to the care of their local community CAMHS teams. The unit also aims to reduce out-of-area placements for young people across Hull, the East Riding and North and North-East Lincolnshire, cut the lengths of inpatient stays and lead to better outcomes for young people.
The building which was designed according to its 13 to 18-year-old young people’ clinical needs, includes:
- Nine general adolescent (GAU) beds and four Psychiatric Intensive Care (PICU) ensuite bedrooms
- A lounge, dining area, kitchen, laundry, treatment and dispensing room, staff office and quiet room
- Multi-purpose, activity, gaming and sensory rooms
- A school, tribunal and meeting room, gym, multi-faith room, family visit room, interview room, reception area, facility management rooms, central kitchen and support office spaces
- Courtyards providing access to safe outdoor space;
- A new entrance shared with the Children’ Centre.
Tel: 01482 692931
Inspire CAMHS inpatient unit
70 Walker Street,