‘High Quality Care for All’ (DoH, 2008) set out the vision for the National Quality Framework and proposed that all healthcare providers should produce publicly available Quality Accounts.
Quality Accounts are reports from providers of NHS healthcare services about the quality of the services we provide. The report is published annually by each NHS healthcare provider and made available to the public. They are both retrospective and forward looking.
Quality Accounts aim to:
- enable patients and their carers to make well informed choices about their providers of healthcare
- enable the public to hold providers to account for the quality of the services they deliver
- engage the leaders of an organisation in their quality improvement agenda
The audience for this report is wide-ranging, and includes people who use our services and their carers, staff, commissioners, and regulating bodies. It is for anyone who wants to know more about the quality of our services and how we plan to maintain and improve this
Healthcare providers have measured the quality of the services they provide by looking at:
- patient safety
- the effectiveness of treatments that patients receive
- how patient’s experienced the care provided
What information can be found in the Quality Account?
The content required in the Quality Account is identified in the Quality Account Toolkit, a document produced by the Department of Health, which provides a set of nationally mandated statements, which allow the reader to make comparisons between organisations. The Toolkit for 2010/11 stated that every Quality Account must include:
- a statement from the Board (or equivalent) of your organisation summarising the quality of NHS services provided
- your organisation’s priorities for quality improvement for the coming financial year
- a series of statements from the Board for which the format and information required is set out in regulations
- a review of the quality of services in your organisation.
View the latest Humber Teaching NHS Foundation Trust 2022-23 Quality Account here, or find it in the downloads section below.
How to provide feedback on Quality Accounts
If you have any comments on the document or have suggestions for us to consider for future quality priorities, please send these to the following email address:
Previous Quality Accounts
A list of our archives can be found in the downloads section below. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please submit an FOI request.