Talking Therapies

Talking therapies are available for people who are experiencing problems such as depression, anxiety disorders, phobia, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), worry, stress and sleep problems.

The Team

Primary care talking therapies are for people who have a common mental health problem of a mild to moderate nature. If you feel you would like to access talking therapies, there are different options available to you.

Please visit our Support Services page for details of organisations that can provide counselling and mental health support.

You may self-refer to these services or you can ask a professional to do it on your behalf. You may also want to speak to your GP about talking therapies and they can make the referral if appropriate.

Humber Teaching NHS Foundation Trust provides primary care mental health services in the East Riding of Yorkshire and secondary mental health services in Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire for people who have a severe and enduring mental illness, and who may be a risk to themselves or others. Primary care services can refer into secondary care services if they feel the person has more complex care needs.

How to access the service

If you are registered with a Hull GP you can contact ‘Let’s Talk’. This is a service operated by City Health Care Partnership CIC  which will offer you a face-to-face assessment to work through the support you may need.

You can contact Let's Talk on 01482 247111 and visit its website on 

If you are registered with an East Riding GP you can self-refer to our Trust’s East Riding Emotional Wellbeing Service  by calling  01482 335451 or completing this online referral form For more information, please  visit

If you are registered with an East Riding GP you can also access online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) via