Research is central to ensuring services are effective and that new treatments and ways of delivering care continue to be identified that enable recovery and prevention, reduce disease burden, improve quality and increase productivity.
We believe that the health and wellbeing of the people we serve and the services we provide can be significantly improved through supporting, enabling and participating in the development of the health research evidence base.
Follow us on Twitter: @ResearchHumber
What We Do
- Research governance advice and support
- Research feasibility advice and support
- Assessment of capacity and capability’ for studies (part of HRA approval process)
- Contractual review and oversight for research studies
- Management of research funding
- Performance management of research and troubleshooting
- Research information management and reporting
- Development of research infrastructure, capacity and capability e.g. Principal Investigator mentoring
- Research partnership building
- Promotion of research internally and externally
- Consenting of research participants and data collection for NIHR Portfolio studies
To support us staff identify potential research participants for future projects to ensure that they are given the opportunity to participate in research projects. This will help to achieve this strategy by identifying potential research participants for future projects.
Studies that are currently active or in follow-up are listed in the documents available under Downloads on the right of this page.
For further information, please contact us on hnf-tr.ResearchTeam@nhs.net or (01482) 301726.
Our new Research Strategy 2020-22 was approved by the Board in January 2020 and outlines our journey to achieving an outstanding reputation for research.
The three overall priorities set out in this research strategy are:
- Research embedded as a core component of clinical services
- Enhanced community involvement and awareness
- Growing our strategic research presence and impact
More about Research and how to get involved
If you've ever been interested in research and would like to learn more, watch our animation video below and find out how to get involved:
Join a COVID-19 clinical trial
Do you have a positive COVID-19 test result within the past 14 days?
Are you aged 18 and over? and experiencing COVID-19 symptoms starting within the past 14 days?
Please visit www.principletrial.org to find out how to take part in an Urgent Public Health Clinical Trial for COVID-19 Treatments in the Community.