Mental Health Wellbeing Coaches
The role of the Mental Health and Wellbeing Coach is a ‘New Look’ hybrid role that takes elements of the YOURhealth Coaches and Social Prescribing roles to address and focus on your mental health and wellbeing needs.
Your Mental Health and Wellbeing Coach will take you through a personalised wellbeing plan that will support your mental health recovery.
We support you to move from surviving to thriving by helping you feel in control of your health and wellbeing by addressing mental health, general health, wellbeing and inclusion needs. This will be done using a variety of techniques to including:
- Providing individual person-centred support to explore ways of improving your mental health and well-being.
- Support you to utilise self-help facilitated tools to aid individual goal planning and measurement of your recovery.
- Support you to make informed choices about your health and wellbeing, which may include improving your levels of physical activity, promoting a healthier diet and improving mental wellbeing.
- Provide support with access to wider community activities and support as part of an individual plan tailored to suit you.
We know many people are struggling for different reasons this year, redundancy, debt, illness, loss of a loved one and much more. These all impact on our wellbeing and we can support you with these concerns and help get you the right support you need as well as the confidence and belief in your own abilities.
What we can support with:
- Feeling lonely
- Bereavement/Loss and Grief
- Low self esteem
- Depression/Low Mood
- Sleep Hygiene
- Relationship Challenges
- Substance misuse
- Covid-19 Recovery
- Chronic Pain
How to access this service
To access support from our service you can self refer via any of the contact options below. GPs can download, complete and return the form at the bottom of the page to the email address shown below.
Tel: 0800 9177752
Mental Health Wellbeing Coaches are based within every GP Surgery across the Hull and East Riding.
Monday to Friday 09:00am – 5:00pm