Community Team for Learning Disabilities
The Community Team for Learning Disabilities (CTLD) is an MDT consisting of Registered Community Learning Disability Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Psychologist, Physiotherapists, Psychiatry and Healthcare Assistants. There are two teams, one covering Hull and one covering East Riding.
The CTLDs provide specialist health support for adults with learning disabilities whose needs cannot be met through mainstream services. They work with people with learning disabilities, their carers, families and the wider health and social care community. The roles of the CTLD include:
- Effectively identifying and meeting complex physical and mental health needs
- Working with partners to provide care that is centred on the individual, supporting them, their families and carers by signposting them to and helping them access hospitals and other mainstream services, in line with reasonable adjustments.
- Helping people to understand about their health and wellbeing
- Working to understand and intervene with behaviour that challenges using Positive Behavioural Support.
- Using person centred assessments around complex physical and mental health needs and ensure that all interventions are focussed on improving quality of life
- Liaising with other services and across all disciplines ranging from physical health services, health promotion, mental health, community services and social services.
How to access this service
The learning disability service operates an open referral system. The Community Team for Learning Disabilities (CTLD) is the first point of contact to both inpatient and community services. Individuals accessing the service have a learning disability diagnosis, are over 18 years of age or in transition from children’s services and require a period of joint working to be undertaken prior to transfer. Referrals are only accepted to the team if the individual has a physical or mental health need that requires support from a specialist learning disability service over and above what can be offered through mainstream services.
If you would like to refer to the team, please contact Townend Court on the number below for information.
The CTLD operates a 9-5 service Monday – Friday.
There is an on call system for those who require additional support out of hours. To access this service, contact Townend Court reception.
Tel. 01377 208800
Tel. 01482 336740
East Riding CTLD
Alfred Bean Hospital
298 Cottingham Road